Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Cookies
What you need:
1 1/4 cups oats (quick or rolled, GF if intolerant)
1/2 tbsp freshly ground flax seed
3 tsp pumpkin spice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pitted dates (chopped)
3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
4 tbsps maple syrup or raw honey
1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 carrot (grated)
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine oats, flaxseed, pumpkin spice, sea salt, baking powder, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chopped dates together in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
3. Whisk egg in a separate mixing bowl. Add pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil and grated carrot. Mix well to combine.
4. Add dry ingredients in with the wet and mix well until dough-like consistency forms.
5. Form cookies with the dough and transfer to the baking sheet. (Tip: Use a lid from a large-mouth mason jar as a mould.)
6. Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes depending on how crispy you like your cookies. Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!
Add in a handful of dark organic chocolate chips.
Freeze well and great as mid-afternoon snacks
Make thicker patties (like in the photo), slice in half, toast and slather with nut butter for even more protein.
Interested in other healthy breakfast ideas? Click here.
Inspired by thatcleanlife.com