If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my newsletter. Thanks for visiting!
Protein Packed Yam Pancakes
What you need:
- 4 small yams
- 8 eggs (whisked)
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- banana slices
What you do:
- Peel yam and dice into small cubes. Fill a saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Drop the sweet potato in and steam for 7 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Alternatively, bake yam cubes at 350 for 10-15 min or until tender. Transfer the yam to a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add about 2 cups of yam to a bowl, add in the whisked eggs and mix well. Add more yam if the batter is too thin.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, pour pancakes in the skillet, no more than 1/8 to 1/4 cup of batter at a time. Cook each side about 3-5 minutes or until browned. Divide pancakes onto plates and top with cinnamon, banana and maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Add nutmeg or pumpkin spice to the batter for added flavour.
- Toppings can include any fresh fruit, chopped nuts or coconut.
- Create an afternoon snack by toasting leftover pancakes in toaster oven spread with nut butter.
Click here for other breakfast inspired recipes!
“This site was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something that helped me. Cheers!”
Wonderful web site. Plenty of useful info here. I’m sending it to some pals, additionally sharing the delicious. And of course, thanks on your effort!
I believe that avoiding refined foods may be the first step to lose weight. They can taste beneficial, but highly processed foods have got very little vitamins and minerals, making you feed on more simply to have enough power to get with the day. When you are constantly consuming these foods, converting to whole grains and other complex carbohydrates will help you to have more power while having less. Thanks alot : ) for your blog post.
Thanks, Carson, you are quite right about avoiding refined foods. A great first step to any health journey
Interesting blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog stand out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Cheers
Thanks Louis. it’s a WordPress theme.
Keep functioning ,fantastic job!
Keep up the good work Freddie.
You really hit a home run with this article!
I’ve been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or blog posts in this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info So i am happy to show that I’ve a very excellent uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I such a lot indubitably will make sure to don’t disregard this site and provides it a glance regularly.
I hope you enjoy what you find on the site Corburterilo. Learning about a healthy lifestyle is true to my heart. Good luck on your health journey!
This is a matter close to my heart cheers. Thanks
Good info. Lucky me I reach on your site by accident, I bookmarked it.
Thanks for stopping by Eddy. I hope you enjoy the articles and recipes!